Tofu Vegetable Quiche
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil 3 cups of water.
- Add it to 1 cup of teff grain, plus a pinch of sea salt.
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
- Pour cooked teff into a casserol dish or large pie pan.
1 pound of tofu
1 tbsp. umeboshi vinegar
1 tsp. dried basil or 1 bunch fresh dill
- Taste and adjust the seasoning to your taste.
- Saute 1 large elephant ear of garlic or 2 cloves of regular garlic with 1 sliced onion or leek in 1 tsp. of cold pressed extra virgin olive oil.
- Create your own combinations. Then add:
1/2 pound of sliced mushrooms and
1 stalk and florets of sliced broccoli, or 2-3 sliced leaves of kale, or a small bunch of sliced asparagus.
- Cook until these vegetables turn their peak color.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the tofu mixture with the sauteed vegetables.
- Pour the vegetable tofu mixture into the teff grain crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the tofu turns a light brown.
Recipe by Leslie Cerier