Apple or Pear Crisp
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Thinly slice 4 large apples or pears (1 1/2-2lbs).
- Put them in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle on top 1/2 tsp. cinnamon and a pinch of sea salt.
- Cover with 1 cup of apple or pear juice.
- Mix Together:
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup of teff flour
1/4 cup of rice syrup or 1/4 cup of maple syrup
for a sweeter taste
1/4 cup of unrefined corn oil or canola oil
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
pinch of sea salt
- Crumble on top of sliced fruit.
- Bake for 30 minutes for apples and 45 minutes for pears, or until the crisp is crunchy and the fruit is soft.
Recipe by Leslie Cerier